By : Juhi Bansal
If you are one of those many women who suffer from Buyer’s Remorse almost immediately after the sale season ends…this article is exclusively for you! The joy of impulse buying is unmatched but the guilt trip those shopping bags send you on days later…it’s like waking up hung-over and promising yourself never to go on a binge again.
So let me share some wisdom for the latest sale season….follow these tips and you might end up a smarter shopper this season 🙂
- If you just like a piece because it’s on sale and not because you have a special occasion in mind, you can easily give it a pass. It will probably just end up in your cupboard gathering dust.
- Do not buy anything before trying. I know trial rooms are majorly crowded during sales but just to be sure, try them on in front of a mirror before you whip the credit card out.
- Keep a budget in mind. It’s almost impossible to stick to it but if you keep repeating the amount in your mind you will end somewhere close to it….carrying cash instead of plastic may help.
- Do not shop for stuff you don’t need immediately. If you are buying something you may only use in the winter or wedding season, it’s best to buy it then. Three months from now is a decade in fashion calendar! Also, harsh truth but you may not be the same size by the time the occasion arrives!
- Do not start shopping at the first outlet itself. Check out different brands especially for staples— blue jeans, white tank top etc. Look for the best deal before giving in.
- Go back after an interval of 7-10 days. New stocks are added every few days plus the prices are slashed further. You may only end up getting a better deal.
- Before buying anything ask yourself if you would have bought the same thing at full price. If your answer is negative, it probably is not a good idea to buy it even now.
- And last but definitely not the least, this sale season is not the end of the world. There will be another sale in a few more months. So don’t fret, make the most of now and if you do miss out on something….remember there is definitely a next time.
PS: or you may just decide to ignore all of the above, go crazy at the mall and pick up more stuff than you have space for.( À la Isla Fisher in Confessions of a Shopaholic). I know I am going to do just that 🙂
Stay Gorgeous xx